- Liaising with relevant professional staff such as Electric Engineers in designs of substations and taking charge of construction structural designs as per the schedule of the overall project
- Preparing relevant reports, designs and drawings for feasibility study, scheme design, detail design, etc.
- Participating in site survey, making calculations and analysis, joining in various negotiation and communication activities with clients, and providing technical advice
- Selecting appropriate construction materials and controlling construction cost
- Obtaining planning and/or building regulations approval
- Administering contracts and monitoring and inspecting work undertaken by contractors
- Other duties assigned by seniors
- At least Bachelor degree in structural engineering or relevant
- Minimum 5 years work experience in relevant industries
- Be able to work a flexible schedule and/or additional working hours during Key Project initiative time periods.
- Good attention to detail and excellent mathematical and analytical skills
- Proficient in design software, such as Staad Pro/ Pro Steel / AutoCAD or MicroStation
- Good knowledge in design of steel structure in general, experience in design of substation steel structures or transmission towers are preferred
- Good skills in teamworking and communication
- Good skill in project and budget management
- Able to travel and work overseas